Tuesday, April 5

on my way

SpewTrack: Armik - Alone with you PLAY: 


Last night, when I was asleep, I was a river.

I didn't need to strain.

I just flowed,
taking the easiest path to the sea.

When I met dense bamboo,
I trickled quietly through.

When there was a big rock,
I simply went round it.

It's not my nature to fight the earth's pull.
I had no stiff shoulders.

I didn't need to think.

I passed villages where
    kids played,
    puppies barked,
    couples quarrelled aloud,
    thieves peered from the roof in the night.

I was bathing in eternity.
What was there to think about?

I didn't need to win.

I had
    no teachings to preach,
    no enemies to beat,
    no position to defend,
    and no beacon in the distance to judge anyone against.

I didn't need to rush.

When the hillside was steep I sped up.

Sharp bends would slow me down.

It's quite simple.

And I didn't need to remember.

I was only on my way.





Creative Commons License
text & image ©2004-2005 idiotSupremo
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License

No comments: